Final Cut Studio 2 Installation problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac 7,3 G5 2.5 GHz
Hi, i have just perchased a copy of Final cut pro studio 2. I spent the two hours loading it onto my computer using all the eight disks provided. Once the installation was complete and i got the "installation was successful message" i opened up all the individual applications, FCP, DVD Studio pro, Motion etc...
When i shut them down and go to open them again, they all ask me to "Enter user information below" name, organisaation and Serial number...
I have done this about four times hoping thet it would stop, but it asks EVERY time i quit an app from FCP Studio 2 and re-open it...

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? PLEASE HELP.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Did you solve your Final Cut Studio 2 install issue?

I am sorry I can not be of any help...I am having the same problem. Did you find a way around it? Every time I close and reopen the applications it wants all the bloody info again. Please let me know if you got it working, I will do the same.

Thanks,

Honolulu

Reaction score
Same Problem

I just installed fcp studio 2 and does the same thing ...

Anyone has a solution ?

Please.

Thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have installed it with no problems. What user account did you use to install it?

Reaction score
What do you mean ? User Account ...

I have only one account on my computer ...

Reaction score
when i try to enter the serial to fcp 4 the "ok" button of the dialog button isn't clickable. anyone know why?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All of the problems sound like a premissions problem, the last one sound like you may have entered the serial number wrong.

Reaction score
And would you know how we could fix that ? The permission problem ...

Thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have not found the document that contains the serial number yet.

Reaction score
I tried repairing the permissions in the disk utility and it did nothing ... The same problem keeps occuring ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 24inch, 4GB, 3.06GHz. 500G hard drive
I am recently a new Mac user after years on a PC, how silly i was to stay there so long!! So now with my new Mac i am after Final Cut Studio 2 and Final Draft. As i have just shelled out thousands for my new set up, i am open to ideas on how to get these 2 programs. I would love to say that i would like to just walk into a shop and purchase both straight out, but realistically i am not Donald Trump and don't have his cash either. So if anyone has ideas or can help out a new Mac user, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
strawberryspread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.