"right click" open with options for picture files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
tried searchin but can't find answer, so decided to ask

when you have picture files (any format), when you right click on it, there are a list of options right, then there is one that says, open with and there will be this entire list of shortcuts... how do i go in and set them to the ones i want.

picture1es1.jpg

I know some of them are batch processing "programs"

I want to know is how to put my own batch processing "programs" into that open with list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
To do this, select the type of file you are interested in, say a JPG. Do a Get Info on it (CMD+I). Select the application of interest from the Open with: drop box near the bottom of the Get Info window and then use the Change All... button to make this a universal setting for this sort of file. Done!

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
the list is the same as when i do a "right click"

what i want to find out is how to change that list, replace the items with custom functions of my own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I asked this question a while ago and nobody really knew the answer. There's a Contextual Menu options folder, but it's empty, so you can't use that as a way to get rid of them.

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, i'm trying to go into everything i can go into to see how i can change it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.