Send SMS (text messaging) from Web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hello guys,
I am looking for a way to possibly send an sms text message from my website to my phone as a means sending information quickly from the internet to my phone by other people. I want to be able to do this from with in my web site, but I don't understand the technology needed to send the SMS. I have been researching on google for a few days now, and I can't find any information on it that makes any sense to me.

does anybody know of a way to do this easily, or if there is a pre-made script that i could pop in the site and have it work.

any help would be greatly appreciated,
Louis

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Deleted - Information Not Accurate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Thats super duper easy... just send an email like:
[email protected]

for instance if you're a verizon user:
[email protected]

So, send a message from your cell phone to yourself (your computer/normal email address). Then look in the FROM to find your phone's email address.

I send SMS to cell phones all the time from my email program like this. It's also a great way for automated systems to send notifications to your cell - because all alerts have to do is send an email out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Go to your wireless service provider's web site and see what it takes to send an SMS message. Especially if you're paying for SMS text messages, it's in your provider's interest to make it easy for someone to send you a message. For instance, AT&T Wireless' instructions (which work for the iPhone) are here:

https://www.wireless.att.com/support/knowledgeBase.do?content=KB63037.html

I tried it, and it works like a champ! You write an email, skip the subject and signature lines, put it your text, and send it. Within seconds you get the message!

Some of the "free" web based services might be fine, but I'd be leary of them using the numbers for phone spam. That said, I tried the Sprint Users site (a site I used a lot prior to the iPhone since I was on Sprint) and tried to send an SMS message. It didn't work for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.