Parallel Drives

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I was wondering if i would be able to install Windows 98Se on it so it will take up less space? As well as, is there any way what so ever to use MS Access? Perhaps Attaching a usb HD and running it from there if thats possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
You can use MS Access using Crossover (an app for Mac that allows you to run most common Windows applications).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You can use MS Access using Crossover (an app for Mac that allows you to run most common Windows applications).

Have you tested this? Access isn't exactly a simple application, I'd be surprised if something like Crossover would run it.

As for the OP, you can install 98SE under Parallels, but you'll need a bootable floppy disk image - Windows CDs only became bootable when Windows 2000 came out. Check out forum.parallels.com, I think there are instructions on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
As for the OP, you can install 98SE under Parallels, but you'll need a bootable floppy disk image - Windows CDs only became bootable when Windows 2000 came out.

Really? I installed Windows 98 through Parallels using only a retail CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think I'd want to run Access through Crossover. I'd go with a true Windows OS and use Bootcamp or Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Really? I installed Windows 98 through Parallels using only a retail CD.

Parallels might have some trick for doing it, but Windows 98 used to come with a bootable floppy disk. I've never met a bootable 98 CD, and I've installed it about 8,736,458,977,634 times over the years...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
I have used Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project 2003 through parallels and works great... of course there's one letter not recognized, in spanish its "ñ"... doesn't exist for english.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.