xp blue screens alot on boot camp

Reaction score
i have a macbook pro and i have bootcamp with windows xp pro sp2 with the updates provided from the bootcamp. Both the mac side and xp are fully updated. When im on the xp side if i try to open some programs or alt tab to get to another after a while a blue screen will appear and reboot my computer. I have defragmented it, scan disk everything but the blue screen keeps on happening. I tried and deleted everything to start from scratch but the same garbage happens. Is this because the boot camp is still beta and windows isnt really that good on the mac yet or am i doing something wrong.

thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i have a macbook pro and i have bootcamp with windows xp pro sp2 with the updates provided from the bootcamp. Both the mac side and xp are fully updated. When im on the xp side if i try to open some programs or alt tab to get to another after a while a blue screen will appear and reboot my computer. I have defragmented it, scan disk everything but the blue screen keeps on happening. I tried and deleted everything to start from scratch but the same garbage happens. Is this because the boot camp is still beta and windows isnt really that good on the mac yet or am i doing something wrong.

thanks

It sounds like you've taken the right steps - and honestly, my experience has been very good with Boot Camp running XP. I would be interested in the content of the blue screen (BSOD) message. Can you possibly take some notes and report back with what the failure actually is?

Also, do you have any third party peripherals attached during the crash?

OP
T
Reaction score
i cant take a screen shot or anything because its so **** fast that when it pops up blue then reboots

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i cant take a screen shot or anything because its so **** fast that when it pops up blue then reboots

You can't really take a screenshot of a BSOD, you sort of have to just jot down what it says. You can keep it from rebooting by setting the option under System Properties - Advanced - Startup and Recovery - Uncheck "automatically restart".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Pressing alt tab or fn and the volume keys sometimes gives me the blue screen of death
but I have only noticed this when I am gaming and has only happened a couple of times

it sounds like it is happening a lot more for you
maybe you could try reformatting

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.