Transferring photos/music from Powerbook to MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I am having a hard time trying to transfer my music library including all my iTunes playlists and my iPhoto collection to my new MacBook Pro. A couple weeks ago my Powerbook had significant amounts of water spilled on it from plumbers installing a washer machine in my house. This caused the mouse/keyboard and other functions of the laptop to stop working properly. I had the plumbing company replace the laptop.

Now I am in the process of transferring my data from the Powerbook to the MacBook Pro. I have tried two ways to get my data, using the migration assistant program and manually "drag and drop" the files from the firewire connected Powerbook to my MacBook Pro.

When I dragged and drop my music/photos it was copied with no problems BUT i I realized that I would have to reimport all my music in itunes again and recreate all my playlists. When I realized that I deleted all the data I copied over and tried the migration assistant. After the assistant copied everything over I was still at where I started...having to manually reimport all my music and recreate all playlists.

Does anyone have a better way to import my music in iTunes and my pictures in iPhoto. Those are my main concerns, I have all my original disk to the apps I installed so I am not worry about that. Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
I heavily searching the forums and ran across other ways people have imported music from another mac. I will try that when I get home and post the outcome. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.