BootCamp WinXP instalation question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 ghz , 2gb ram , 120 gb
when i am trying to instal my WinXP throw the boot camp , i cant select a partition on witch it must be instaled , because the keyboard turns off when the windom ( instaling windows XP or smth. ) shows , what i supose to do ??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
when i am trying to instal my WinXP throw the boot camp , i cant select a partition on witch it must be instaled , because the keyboard turns off when the windom ( instaling windows XP or smth. ) shows , what i supose to do ??

You need to use a Windows XP CD that has Service Pack 2 integrated. If you don't have one, you can make one by following the tutorial here.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but my boot Cd have one :( i mean it have SP2 :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but my boot Cd have one :( i mean it have SP2 :(

Double-check that, because the symptom you're describing (no keyboard functionality) is exactly what happens when you try to use an XP CD that does not have SP2.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and if i use USB keyboard ? would it work ? without SP2 ? I chaked it got SP2 ill try another version of XP :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and if i use USB keyboard ? would it work ? without SP2 ? I chaked it got SP2 ill try another version of XP :(

No, it won't, during the installation process full USB support is only available with SP2 integrated discs. Also, keep in mind that you must use either a retail (non-upgrade) version of XP, or a non-branded OEM version. If you're using a CD that came with another computer, it might be tied to that vendor's hardware.

Why don't you just take a look at that article and create a slipstreamed disc yourself? This way, you can be absolutely certain that it is the correct disc.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No this is my ld winXP Cd that i made a year ago , i think i should create a new one , thanks for replay !

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is terrable , i tryed out 4 diferent versions/CD's of winXP , but none of them worked . When i got to moment where i need to select partition to instal Win XP i stuck , because of my keybort ( laptop integrated ) just stuck :(( uhhh maybe someone knows what happend ? ( First tie I instaled win Vista all was super ! ) and now ican't instal win XP :(

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 3 legal copies ... and 2 vista . vista instaling perfectly but win XP don't :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.