Whoops....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
I think i fried my Xserve G5, it's not working now. The lid shows some fried or black marks, could high humidity cause a short? It's been about 98% here for the pass 2 weeks...

Anyone?

Good thing there's insurance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That humidity is certainly my first guess

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
High heat can kill a computer even if it is not being used. We used to have a PC in our unairconditioned 3rd floor and one summer the ram and mobo fried in the heat

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
trpnmonkey41 said:
High heat can kill a computer even if it is not being used. We used to have a PC in our unairconditioned 3rd floor and one summer the ram and mobo fried in the heat

Normally, it's only 25-36°C here, with AC it's 22 MAX! But humidity, well that's cusz, we're on a tiny island in the north of the South China Sea:) Another trip to the Apple shop, same place where i got my Shattered PB17!

hahaha... can you imagine the guy's face...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
hype.it said:
Normally, it's only 25-36°C here, with AC it's 22 MAX! But humidity, well that's cusz, we're on a tiny island in the north of the South China Sea:) Another trip to the Apple shop, same place where i got my Shattered PB17!

hahaha... can you imagine the guy's face...

lol :D poor guy :( probably going to be shocked again :D

my iBook rus at 40°C + even if its 29°C indoors..

try out a temp monitor for the CPU :D

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now this is what i call Good Service!!!

Today is Sunday! Yes Sunday! That right folks SUNDAY! and for the Apple Centre in Hong Kong it's Business as usual... as today they give me a replacement Xserve G5! Despite having the machine for over a month they gave me a completely new replacement.. they asked a few questions.. but nothing major. And today, they give me a brand new one, straight of the shelfs.

Hey... I'm not gonna ask any questions... I just walked out with a huge grin! :D

Thanks Apple!

Just one question... How do I re-define the web root?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That is just supreme service! Might well be a new world standard! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Go into your httpd.conf file and change the web root in there :) which is /etc/httpd/

Have fun with that thing! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.