Looking for a pitch shifting program.

Reaction score
When I boot into windows via bootcamp, there is an application in the Control Panel that lets you change the pitch of all the sounds coming from your computer. It lets you go either up and down 4 steps in pitch. It does this without changing the speed of the song as well. Don't ask me why, but I sometimes like to listen to music up or down a few steps, especially songs I record for my band. If anyone is familar with the application I am referring to, can you tell me if there is a mac equivalent? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
These will do it for you:
Garage Band
AmazingSlowDowner
and maybe Adobe's SoundBooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
a great overall music editor, which also does pitch changes is Audacity, its completely free and works amazing. Though it will not change all sounds, just the songs you decide to edit.

OP
A
Reaction score
Do all the mentioned programs require me to open the file individually, then edit it? I am more looking for something I can switch on and listen to a bunch of songs in my itunes without having to import each file I want to edit. Thanks for the replies though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
You would need an iTunes plugin then... i dont know of any off hand. Have you googled it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know how to do it in iTunes but hit command K in quicktime and there ya go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, but he wants something that can just change it on the fly... not one at a time. I don't know about iTunes I'll see if I can find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
Melodyne. That's the best pitch-shifting program around.

Reaction score
hmm, yeah but there's a few things garageband can't do, like change the pitch or tempo of mp3s. Or can it?

Also garageband does'nt have a synthesiser, just loops.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.