Is the Applecare Protection Plan for the Macbook worth to buy?

Reaction score
I only have a week left to decide if I want to spend $183+tax for the Applecare Plan for the Macbook, but is it worth the money? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Since it is a portable I think it's a must. Its more prone to bumps and what not. If I had a desktop I wouldn't worry as much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Yes - if you plan to keep your MacBook for more than a year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook: 2.16ghz / 1gb ram / 120gb HD
Is there a way to purchase it after you bought the macbook?

Edit: Nvm, did a quick search =D

Reaction score
im not getting it with my macbook if ive spent that much money on it it shouldnt break

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
im not getting it with my macbook if ive spent that much money on it it shouldnt break

It shouldn't and most likely wont... but that doesn't mean in 24 months time it wont die on you. If it does you'll be stuck with high service charges or have to buy a new one.

It's a gamble; that's how Apple make their money on it: most people will never have to use it, and they subsidize the ones that do. It's either great value or a complete waste, depending on the luck of the draw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
Check into the prices for a new logic board or screen and then decide. It is money well spent just to have peace of mind. My iBook G4 died and I could either spend $800 to fix it or I could buy a new one....so I got a new one with AppleCare.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
It all comes down to yourself, are you a risk averse person or a risk seeking person. In my eyes, if you spend time thinking about buying the AppleCare, then you should go out and buy it.

As someone previously stated, it will ease your mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.