• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Back from Florida

Reaction score
I just went to Florida for 3 weeks, and it was fun but I am glad to be back.

I just wanted to say Hello and see if I missed anything in the Mac world!

T

todd51

Welcome back Brendan! Glad you had a good time in Florida, time to get back to the real world, yes? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Welcome back B-man. Glad to have ya back.

M

MacHeadCase

Brendan, welcome back man! I was going to PM you to ask how things were going since you hadn't showed up for a while: looks like I missed your post saying you were off for 3 weeks on vacation. :)

Hope you had fun!

What you missed in the Mac world? Well for one thing, there's going to be an Apple event this upcoming Tuesday and they told the press that will attend that the announcements will be Mac oriented this time. So hang on to your hat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I just wanted to say Hello and see if I missed anything in the Mac world!

Oh man! You picked a bad time to be gone! Steve introduced new 3G iPhones, a 12 inch MBP with SSD and 10 hours of battery life and new iMacs that are basically Cinema displays with a built-in Mac Pro! Then they completely revamped .mac and Steve heard about this forum and gave everyone here free lifetime subscription just to beta test it, but you had to post to a certain thread 2 weeks ago. Sorry you missed it, man! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
Where'd you stay in Florida? I live in Winter Park. About a 45 minute drive to Disney and all those other tourist attractions.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
I stayed at St. Pete Beach, and it was great. 3 weeks is a long time, though.

Favicon, woo!

Reaction score
Where'd you stay in Florida? I live in Winter Park. About a 45 minute drive to Disney and all those other tourist attractions.

Not far from me - I am in Orlando also. I didn't know there was someone so close.

Reaction score
Oh man! You picked a bad time to be gone! Steve introduced new 3G iPhones, a 12 inch MBP with SSD and 10 hours of battery life and new iMacs that are basically Cinema displays with a built-in Mac Pro! Then they completely revamped .mac and Steve heard about this forum and gave everyone here free lifetime subscription just to beta test it, but you had to post to a certain thread 2 weeks ago. Sorry you missed it, man! :p

ROFL!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sort of a n00b around here PapaNoHair so thats probably why you haven't noticed me.
Glad you had a great time in St. Pete Brendan. Its been raining cats and dogs in my area for the past three or four days.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
It rained pretty heavily for a few days while I was there, and I love it!

I was in Orlando for a week for Disneyworld. We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom suite. It was amazing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can never get enough Disney World. I just love it there! Some of my friends have gotten sick of it but I'm always in the best mood when I'm there. It really is the most magical place in the world... well not really. But its still a lot of fun for me.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
We had an option to stay at a Penthouse on the beach side or the bay side in Miami, but didn't want to drive there. 6 people in a van for 3-4 hours wouldn't be fun.

I got tired of Disneyworld already. I've been 6 times, and I've been to Disneyland 20 or more times. It just gets... boring and repetitive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.