Register Macbook

Reaction score
When I first started up my Macbook for the first time, I went through all the steps but apparently my ethernet cable wasn't working so I wasn't connected to the internet. I was unable to register, and I thought I could just do it afterwards.

How do I register my Macbook? I can't find anything on my Macbook that shows me where.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
When I first started up my Macbook for the first time, I went through all the steps but apparently my ethernet cable wasn't working so I wasn't connected to the internet. I was unable to register, and I thought I could just do it afterwards.

How do I register my Macbook? I can't find anything on my Macbook that shows me where.

Go to your personal drive. For me, it was Finder/MyName. The file I have is "Send Registration"

I think this is what you are looking for. I don't think I registered at the beginning through their process.

Reaction score
Me too

I just had exactly the same experience unboxing a new Macbook Pro for my wife. Where is this registration file? I can't see anything called "Send Registration" anywhere on the hard drive.

I have to say that attempting to register Mac products has been the very worst part of my interactions with Apple. They do many things well, but this is truly hopeless.

I'm on my 3rd Macbook Pro, and each time I have bought one the registration process has taken phonecalls and emails to-and-fro for days. The automated process has never worked, and I ALWAYS end up having to produce proof-of-purchase.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, because this sucks.

lio

Reaction score
Hello!

Do I get an e-mail when I register my mac book pro?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Reaction score

I had the same issue. The Send Registration did not appear in Spotlight but and is not a file but rather an application that disappears once you have used it. I found it under Your HD/Users/Your Name/Send Registration.
It worked this time round as i was connected.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You just replied to a post that is almost 4 years old. Please observe the dates on posts first and then decide if you wish to reply. I'm sure that the person who you replied to solved his problem long ago.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Sorry, i only looked at the date of the last post which was April this year and thought it must have been a current thread. Rest assured I will never make the first newbie mistake again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a problem. It's a common mistake and one that snares even some experienced forum goers.

And Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Reaction score
"I wonder why he don't write back?"- Dancing with Wolves. Yea, been there, done that, will do it again too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.