Super Impressed with Gaming Performance

Reaction score
I have had my MBP for a few weeks now and am absolutely loving it. I have bootcamp up and running and am blown away at how well my games are running. I am running games like BF2, BF2142, Half Life 2, Company of Heroes all on med/high settings. I would even go so as to say my MBP is running games about 90% as good as my gaming PC. Even my friend was blown away when he seen the performance and the beauty of the screen. He absolutely HATED macs, and now wants to get one. And the best part is, when I am done gaming, I can boot back into OSX for all my other computing tasks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
wow, that is really awesome to hear! wait till my friends hear about this, they will be converts too :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Not really surprising considering it is a pro level machine (even Microsoft used the first lot of MBPs to demo Vista and Office 2007... when a company's "competitor" starts using their products, you know it must be good).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
This is encouraging to hear and further affirming my desire to get a MBP over a MB. Thanks for the report!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Although I am not a big gamer, I hvae to say my macbook is running Halo WAYYY better than I expected. Even during online play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Although I am not a big gamer, I hvae to say my macbook is running Halo WAYYY better than I expected. Even during online play.

Hmm, you're playing Halo online?
I think we should go heads up after your little "joke" the other day.:D
Any particular server you play on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm, you're playing Halo online?
I think we should go heads up after your little "joke" the other day.:D
Any particular server you play on?

Joke?

Anyway, i jsut play the demo version. It was free and I was bored. But i really really suck.

vxd

Reaction score
Not really surprising considering it is a pro level machine (even Microsoft used the first lot of MBPs to demo Vista and Office 2007... when a company's "competitor" starts using their products, you know it must be good).

It's called testing....Thats what you would do when you design websites. You would test it on different browsers and different OS to see if they are all working.

Microsoft would have had to test out Vista and office on Mac to see if it is compatible.

Not because they wanted to use a better system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

That doesnt sound quite right? Did I miss a beat or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
No, I'm not talking private testing (and in any case Macs don't support Windows "out of the box"; you need BootCamp or another method of booting it, so I doubt Microsoft was bothered about testing it to make sure these third-party applications worked), I mean public demos showing off features of the software... they could have used any machine, but went with the Macs (ASIK this was just on a select few occasions in Europe... but still).

There was one occasion where Vista was demo'd on TV on an iMac because the guy from Microsoft didn't bring a computer/Vista with him and had to use the only machine they had running Vista; an iMac (turning up to demo a product without actually taking the product... that could have been embarrassing... even more embarrassing than having to ask to borrow a Mac do your Microsoft product demo).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Joke?

Anyway, i jsut play the demo version. It was free and I was bored. But i really really suck.

Ah, you don't remember, Well never mind. Shame about Halo.
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.