Windows on Mac && Viruses

Reaction score
Not that I would ever consider running Windows on my Mac, but I am just curious. Does running Windows on a Mac open it up to all the viruses and such that you inevitably encounter with a Windows machine?

Reaction score
Well, yeah... It's still Windows...

Anyway, when was the last time someone actually got hit with a virus? Who doesn't take the necessary precautions?

OP
T
Reaction score
Well my wife's Windows machine got hit awhile back and would not boot. I had to reload the whole system. She was running antivirus software, and even now everytime she runs spybot and adaware it picks up all kinds of crap. I have been using this mac for three years now without any security software and have not had one problem.

Well, yeah... It's still Windows...
That really makes me want windows even more now!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Not that I would ever consider running Windows on my Mac, but I am just curious. Does running Windows on a Mac open it up to all the viruses and such that you inevitably encounter with a Windows machine?

If you decide to run Windows OS on Parallels or Bootcamp you will have to install the usual firewall, antivirus, antispyware programs on the Windows side. If you do happen to get a virus it will stay on the Windows partition and not carry over to the Mac OS X partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Running Windows on a Mac will allow you to get viruses, spyware, etc. bt only on the Windows portion of the HD. They would not effect OS X.

OP
T
Reaction score
That's all I really wanted to know. Seems to me then that if one wanted to author any of these plagues he would use a mac as the tool of choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.