.dmg not recognized

Reaction score
Help! I installed a bunch of programs a few days ago, including stuff-it and i recently downloaded programs off the internet (skype & thunderbird). It downloaded the .dmg files to my desktop, but when i click on them to install the program, i get a warning message saying that it is not recognized. I've tried to "Open With" Stuff It Expander, but nothing...please help.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You shouldn't need StuffIt to open dmg files, OS X handles them on its own.

Have you tried downloading the files again? Also, what browser are you using?

OP
S
Reaction score
I've tried to download them again and it's more than just one program, it's all .dmg files. I'm using safari. I didn't have this problem before, only since i installed programs over the weekend (Adobe suite & Office suite).

OP
S
Reaction score
ok, so third times a charm. I re-downloaded Skype & Thunderbird and finally got it to open. But now i have another program that a friend e-mailed me that i cannot get to be recognized, and i've tried this one more that 3 times... any suggestions..
basically it's a zipped file that i un-zip and it becomes a regualar file, once i open the file, the .dmg is in the file and when i click on it, it is not recognized.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.