Cannot wake up MacBook Black

Raf

Reaction score
Just bought a Macbook Black for my wife, she used it for two days, now it will not boot up, all there is the front light on and a black screen, have tried some of the solutions that I have seen on the forum and non seem to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you tried holding the power button till it turns off and then turning it back on?

You could also try unplugging it and then taking out the battery. That should turn it off.

OP
R

Raf

Reaction score
Yes have tried both, it will turn off but then when I turn it on again, I get the same black screen, have also tried typing in her password (of course you can not see cos of the black screen) and still nothing, tried taking out the battery also...nothing, only same light on with black screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Do you hear the start up chime?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The chime is important. If you don't hear that, then you may have another issue at hand. At that point, you'll probably have to take it in to have it checked out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No start up chime, complete silence !!!
When I first got my Macbook it was having the same problem. It worked great for a day then the next day it would not boot up. I would turn it on and all I could hear was the fans turning on and nothing else. The sleep indicator light I believe was flashing on and off.

I called Apple Care and they told me to send it back in. I sent it in and all of a sudden they said it was working correctly and nothing was wrong with it. They sent it back to me and it has been working ever since.

I suggest you call Apple Care and tell them your problem. Ask if it falls under DOA (Dead on Arrival).

OP
R

Raf

Reaction score
Thanks for this information, it is such a pity though, I am a great Mac fan and convinced my wife that we should buy two MacBook Pro last year in Singapore (we live on a small Island in Indonesia) immediately we both had problems with battery, contacted Apple in Singapore and they sent the replacements, US$50.00 in telephone costs and US$180.00 in import tax !!, then her Pro ran toooo hot to the point that she it would continuously hang.I convinced her last week to give Apple another go with a new machine the MacBook Black, now she still has problems and we need to contact Apple in Singapore again, maybe send it back!! and goodness knows what tax we will have to pay when they send it back to us, I think my wife will go back to Windows after all of this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know I was the same way. I spent so much money on this Macbook and it was my first Mac and I was already having problems with it. Hopefully you can get everything all sorted out though. Let me know how the outcome is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.