Software Update issues

Reaction score
I just tried to install updates via Software Update, and I accidentally knocked into my computer and pulled the plug mid-update. (Mac Mini plug is so loose!) I installed three updates, and this was the last. I could tell via Console which updates the first two were, but since the last was never finished, and I've forgotten what it was, I couldn't tell.

However, now, any Apple Internet-related programs (Mail, Software Update, etc.) hang when I start them (Console logs report something about a WebKit framework), and Safari has disappeared off the face of the earth. Other Internet programs (non-Apple), such as Firefox, still work. How do I get these working again? Will I need a full system restore from the DVD, or can I just copy files over from it, or is there an easier way??

OP
C
Reaction score
Your post got my hopes up to the point that, when it didn't work, you could probably hear the long string of profanities from here in NY to Massachusetts. A good idea, but the installer happens to be one of the programs that hangs on launch. Thanks anyway! Any more ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.