Slimmed down version of XP SP2 for BootCamp??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
When I installed Bootcamp & XP on my iMac I remember seeing something about being able to slim down XP so that it ate as little resources as possible. I wasn't concerned about it on my iMac so installed my normal XP SP2.

Now I am wanting to run XP on my MacBook... and I would really like to be able to find a way to slim down my XP.

Anyone know anything about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Take a look at nLite. It lets you customize what gets installed. Very useful program for taking out stuff you end up uninstalling after setup is complete. Also great if you want to add drivers and software like Office to a single install.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Nice! Thanks... nLite must have been where I saw it with my last go-around, as I used it to slip-stream SP2 to my copy of XP.

+Rep to you. EDIT after I "spread it around"...

Reaction score
Soon they'll have vLite available as well, allowing customizations to a Vista installation. (Actually it's out now, but I think it's still a beta...)

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Soon they'll have vLite available as well, allowing customizations to a Vista installation. (Actually it's out now, but I think it's still a beta...)

Thank you! I am wanting to run a game (LOTRO) on my MacBook. It runs fantastic on my iMac, but the resources on my MacBook are lacking compared to my iMac, so I need the very smallest, unobtrusive version of XP possible as my only need for XP is for this game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.