• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to hold Mac-focused presentation next week

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
via Macworld

Apple will gather select press at its company headquarters in Cupertino, Calif. next week for what it said would be a presentation focused on the Mac. The company declined to give any specifics on what Mac products would be the focus of the presentation.

The presentation will take place on Tuesday August 7, 2007 at 10:00 am at Apple's Town Hall, a facility that has been used to launch several products in the past including the very first iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Come on new iMacs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
I'm excited and I don't even want an iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
This couldn't come at a better time. I was about to get a new Mac for my birthday (August 8th).

M

MacHeadCase

See? It's held on a Tuesday!

So anyone wondering why some of us talk about Tuesday for new Apple products all the time, here's more proof that His Steveness is in love with Tuesdays. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
dude, i hope they talk about a) new macbook pros b) new leopard information. i can't get enough of either 0_0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
they just updated the macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
dude, i hope they talk about a) new macbook pros b) new leopard information. i can't get enough of either 0_0

they just updated the macbook pro

Exactly. There will be no MBP update because it is too soon. It's most likely the iMac update. I am hoping for an iLife/iWork update though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How long does it usually take for an imac to go from release to actually being sold?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Apparently Apple did briefly have a Keynote '08 headline on their website, so I'd say new iMacs and iWork (or at least Keynote) upgrades will be demo'd.

I hate this though because I really need a new portable... so the new iMacs come out and I go "Wow! I want one... do I really need a portable? this is so much more for less money" and spend the next few months trying to convince myself a MBP isn't that essential when right now I know that it is.

Just do me a favor; If I come on hear saying I'm getting a new iMac, remind me I'm gonna be moving about a lot over the next few years!

AK47 said:
How long does it usually take for an imac to go from release to actually being sold?

Usually you can buy them before you'll even know they're out (IE they go on sale at the same time as the announcement)... it's not that often that Apple announces something before the release date (if they do, it's a month or two). The iPhone and iTV and even Leopard are the exceptions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm excited to see whether they can top the design of the present intel imacs which i believe to be works of art.......

they'd better be good I've been holding off buying one for all this time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Apple makes Macs?

And here I thought they were an iPod, iPhone, and AppleTV company.

Who new?

Reaction score
Ooooh. Although I don't plan on getting an iMac in the for a long time to come (i am happy with my macbook and g4 powermac), I am still very excited to see if it will be for a new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
I hope theres no news on MBP as I just ordered one.. ahaha. Can't wait though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
A Beatles iPod would be great too with touch screen and cover flow.....

Or as they said Mac then maybe that 12" Macbook would be cool

Ps. I don't know why I'm all worked up I can't buy anything just yet anyway. If I did I'd have to sleep in the car....EeK!... (Well at least that has an Apple sticker on it.....)

Reaction score
See? It's held on a Tuesday!

So anyone wondering why some of us talk about Tuesday for new Apple products all the time, here's more proof that His Steveness is in love with Tuesdays. :D

I think most products are released on Tuesdays. Definitely CD's and DVD's. I don't know why, but I'm sure there's a business decision behind it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
yeah, no new MBP please!

M

MacHeadCase

I think most products are released on Tuesdays. Definitely CD's and DVD's. I don't know why, but I'm sure there's a business decision behind it

My guess would be that too many people phone in sick at their job on Mondays. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.