Username and Password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
I was wondering if there was a little app that kept track of your usernames, passwords, adresses, etc. so when you visited a website like facebook or hotmail you wouldn't have to type everything.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yes... It's Keychain and it's built-in on OS X.

There is also 1Passwd which I have heard ggod things about as well.

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man.. 1Passwd looks awesome... anything similar to this that is freeware?

Is there a way to enter the Mac keychain and make it fill out forms like 1passwd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Safari's AutoFill will keep track of and automatically fill in just about everything if you let it.

As for 1Passwd... the feature I liked the most was that it will automatically generate a password and then automatically fill it in the next time you visit that page. If you don't know your password then you can't input it into phishing sites accidentally. Also all your passwords are different, so for someone like me who always uses the same password for everything; if someone finds out one password, they don't have access to your entire on-line life.

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Safari's AutoFill will keep track of and automatically fill in just about everything if you let it.

Is there any way to open the AutoFill menu? I can't seem to find it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Preferences > AutoFill. There you can configure what it'll keep track of and fill in for you (and see what it's already stored if it's turned on).

You'll still have to input your username and password the first time you visit a site, but after that it'll fill it in for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.