Free Binary Newsgroup reader for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
MT-Newswatcher and Thoth were both good and free. Neither are still under development, but you can still download them. I still use MT-Newswatcher for most browsing and some Binaries. I purchased UNISON some time back because it is just better and large binary data downloads, but MT will work.

OP
I
Reaction score
MT-Newswatcher and Thoth were both good and free. Neither are still under development, but you can still download them. I still use MT-Newswatcher for most browsing and some Binaries. I purchased UNISON some time back because it is just better and large binary data downloads, but MT will work.

Before seeing your post I have been using the trial verison of Unison. Do you know what the differences are between the trial version and the full version? I would buy it if I knew the difference first.

Also, do you know any good binary group indexing services (FREE) where you can look up NBZ files for use with Unison?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be honest, I don't know the answer to either question.

I gave up on a lot of the "free" stuff some years ago and discovered things worked a lot better when you were willing to pay the nominal fee. I even signed up for an unlimited Giganews account and have not been disappointed.

OP
I
Reaction score
How much does th gignews account cost - why is it better? I've been using usenet.com - only because I dont know anything about newsgroups. This is my first time to use them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.