please help, bootcamp issue. I lost 30gb...

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading this forum for a while but just registered

Anyways, I installed bootcamp on my mac os x but during the installation of Windows OS either the Windows XP Disc or my macbook froze, i had to force restart.

When I booted onto Mac OS X again, the 30gb i had partitioned in boot camp for the Windows OS became unusable. In disk utility I cannot mount the disk in order to erase the unusable 30gb partion. I even bought DiskWarrior to try to fix the problem but did not work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Run Bootcamp, select remove the bootcamp partition. See if that works.

OP
B
Reaction score
problem fixed. thank you so much. I uninstalled and installed bootcamp again, and all is well. Wow I was pretty close to reformatting my entire drive...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
problem fixed. thank you so much. I uninstalled and installed bootcamp again, and all is well. Wow I was pretty close to reformatting my entire drive...

Cool. Glad we were able to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.