Need help with Photoshop Elements workflow

Reaction score
This is problem I save all my digital photos on i-photo and setup i-photo edit preference to Photoshop elements. I make my adjustments and save them in another folder and print. The colors in the pictures come out all l washed out. But when I print form i-photo the colors are good. I was using an Epson R800 and I was thinking that it was a printer problem so I purchase a Canon IP6700D same problem but the one thing I did find out that the Canon printed better looking pictures than the R800. Anyway; can some give me a step-by-step workflow on how to print 4x6 and 8x10 photos to work with the Canon?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
What does your printer interface look like with the canon?

At some point you should select to have the printer or photoshop elements determine the colors AND pick a paper profile for the paper your printing with. If using Canon papers, the canon printer will more than likely have profiles built in.

This is color management issues and not a printer issue, the R800 would have worked fine if used properly.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yep thanks it was a color management problem and it did work for awhile and then stop working and bad prints returned again. The straw that broke the camel back was I power down my computer and the R800 and then power back up and the printer would not power back on after I return the Canon. I think I will go back and get it now.:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yup, color management. ANY time you have an issue with washed out OR oversaturated colors, you almost always have a color management issue. It is very important to keep it in mind as you lay out your workflow. It is SO easy to miss this here and there. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.