boot camp and start-up question...

Reaction score
hey guys, so i got my MBP and have been loving it!

two questions:

when i try to install xp through bootcamp, the windows setup begins but then tells me to 'insert XP disk into drive a:' ; the problem is the disk is already in the drive (duh), and i think its referring to a: as a floppy drive?
i thought maybe my xp didnt have sp2 since it seems thats whats been causing people trouble, so i streamlined sp2 into the xp disk but its still not working.

any ideas what could be causing this?

second question should be pretty simple:

when osx launches, my applications folder is open. it wasnt always like this, how can i undo it? is there a 'start up' folder where you can control what launches when os x does?

thanks so much for your help, you guys! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I don't know the answer, but I do know that there is actually a seperate boot camp and parallels forum that this thread would do nicely in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Whoops, just realizd they switched it to the Windows, Linuz, and Other Forum. Stil though it wil probably fit in better there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.