Well I cant do it (USB modem)

Reaction score
Would somebody please explain to me how to setup the external USB modem on my macbook, cause its seems like no matter how a change the settings it just dosnt work.

Here I got this from the little book it comes with.

"In order to set up your computer to use your Apple USB Modem youll need the account ingormation, telephone number, and any other setup information provided by your ISP."

I obviously have to be doing something wrong. I typed in the number our desktop dials to connect for the number. Account info is pretty simple #$^$&^$%@aol.com???? Thats pretty much it I think

I have aol if that helps. I hate dial up, but not much choice when you live in the country....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have not worked with AOL in a long time, but I do know that AOL used to make you use their AOL program to dial. If it's still that way, setting it up according to that booklet will do no good.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok, I get what your saying. I dont even use thier browsers or programs, I just connect with "AOL Dialer" and use IE. Its making me mad cause if I cant get online with my macbook at home the point of having it goes way down. Any other suggestions?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ok, I get what your saying. I dont even use thier browsers or programs, I just connect with "AOL Dialer" and use IE. Its making me mad cause if I cant get online with my macbook at home the point of having it goes way down. Any other suggestions?

Will check into it and get back to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.