Pictures of my MacBook with a GelaSkin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
I like the skins from www.isiscovers.com because they have cutouts for the light up apple. (mine is shown in my avatar). They have some other cool ones that I might switch too when this one gets old for me....But mine definitely gets compliments! And I love it! (btw you cant tell but the black polka dots have a silver border, very cute) :D

Reaction score
If you decide to remove the sticker, is the sticker wrecked and does it leave a residue on the cover of the MacBook?
I'd love one of those, but I want to be able to go back to the way it looked originally if I wanted
Lori

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
their website is seriously cool as well, is there a UK store that does a similar thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
thats sweet man

is that a corian countertop? i really like it
note: yes i am serious
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
their website is seriously cool as well, is there a UK store that does a similar thing?

Yeah i live in UK too and would love to have one of those skins

I really like the one called Panic

picture4da0.jpg

Is GelaSkin just the name of the company? Is it like a normal sticker? I also wonder if it will leave a residue upon removal as LGithens asked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
If you decide to remove the sticker, is the sticker wrecked and does it leave a residue on the cover of the MacBook?
I'd love one of those, but I want to be able to go back to the way it looked originally if I wanted
Lori

No, actually it leaves no residue and you can reposition it if you want. It is stuck on there really good though so you have to take it off really slow or it actually pulls on the plastic of your macbook (and you can put dents in the actual skin too) but not too bad. The first time i put it on the apple wasnt lined up just right so I had to take it off to reposition it, and it was fine no gunk. and to the other guy, were you asking about my counters? lol
(btw. mine is not a gelaskin so I dont have personal experience with that brand, but the website claims that it leaves no residue as well)

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
thats sweet man

is that a corian countertop? i really like it
note: yes i am serious
-chris

Sorry for the delay in responding... I didn't see this.... Yes it is Corian. :D:D:D

Reaction score
That looks really nice..Don't know if one of those would show up well on my black MacBook though. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MB 2GB HyperPerformance Ram 2.16GHz C2D, 8GB Unlocked iPhone
Sorry to bring this one back up guys, but i saw this thread and bought myself the Gelaskin, only cut out the apple. Just wanted to show you all ;D

100_0856.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0858.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
thats an awsome idea cutting it out. you can still show off your apple pride.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah... great job with that!

Did you cut it out prior to placing it on the MacBook or after???

Must have been after...right???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
not a gelaskin
but glossy black from macvatar.com

img3408nn7.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah... great job with that!

Did you cut it out prior to placing it on the MacBook or after???

Must have been after...right???

Thanks! It was actually a bit of a hit or miss thing to be honest!

I first held a piece of thin-ish card up against the macbook with the light coming through, drew around the apple, and cut it out with a thin blade to make a stencil. I then stuck the Gelaskin on the macbook - the light shines through just enough to mark out a few lines in order to position the apple. The gelaskin then came off, and I lined up the stencil and cut out the apple.

I didnt really want to use the sharp blade when the skin was on the macbook - way too scary!! I dunno, maybe there's a much easier way...
Everything stuck on really well, even on the second application - very pleased with the result!
Only got it today, and two of my friends with macbooks have already ordered skins hehe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
How sticky are these? Can they be peeled off and reapplied or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They do come off easily, as long as you leave one edge up otherwise I guess it would be a bit tricky. I think mine went on and off 3 times to get the position just right. The film loses its stick a little after a while but as soon as it touches the surface of the case again it sticks very well. I would definately recommend this product, very simple yet effective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Mac Book Pro 2.4GHz HD display, Wacom I3 , WD myBook 500G, intel mac mini, 24"imac(white)
I rlly want 1 now i would order it this second if it wasnt for the postal strike !!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Mac Book Pro 2.4GHz HD display, Wacom I3 , WD myBook 500G, intel mac mini, 24"imac(white)
2 l8 i ordered 1 lol but i think im gonna try cutting the apple logo out the middle coz mattaais's looks cool

Reaction score
Hey, that one with the Apple logo cut-out looks cooler.
From the first page of the Gelaskin ones, Kintoto Blot and Blow Fish looked kinda cool too. I checked them out and it seems they're all from the same artist.

But $ 29.95 + shipping looks a bit expensive for a skin, though.

Reaction score
I like the gelaskins, but they only cover the outside of the lid of the laptop. I'm looking for stickers to cover the inside of my macbook - to go round the screen and the keyboard. Has anyone ever seen this? Or shall I just get out some sticky plastic and a pair of scissors and do it myself...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.