Displaying XP games on HDTV with MBP

Reaction score
XP displays perfectly on my HDTV from my MBP.

The problem is, no matter what settings I choose

in the ATI Catalyst Control Center, games will only

display on the MBP screen. Does anyone know

how I can resolve this issue and play games on the

big screen?

Reaction score
Go into Display in Control Panel

Under Settings you should be able to configure which device you want to display them on. If that wont work go Advanced and use the Catalyst Wizard and that should help.

OP
A
Reaction score
I already changed practically every setting in Catalyst. I've tried clone mode...extended desktop mode....i've tried changing the TV to primary monitor....pretty much every logical combination of settings and no luck so far.

Reaction score
I already changed practically every setting in Catalyst. I've tried clone mode...extended desktop mode....i've tried changing the TV to primary monitor....pretty much every logical combination of settings and no luck so far.

****, to be honest I have lots of difficulty with the ATI drivers for duel support to. Nvidia (since they absorbed 3dfx) have so much better software people.

I'm hoping since the recent acquisition of ATI by AMD they will improve. However this superfluous information doesn't help you unfortunately. :(

I just play around and I eventually get it to run. Perhaps on a more windows centric forum someone will understand more completely the arcane process of working with ATI software.

OP
A
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I called ATI today and they said they have no support for laptops, ESPECIALLY not Macs. Thanks alot ATI!

The reason this is really getting under my skin is because when I first installed Boot Camp I was able to play games on my TV, so I know it's possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.