Apple Mail - two questions

Reaction score
Hi,

I just signed up for a .Mac account (I am BRAND NEW to Macs) for my MacBook Pro and am switching from Gmail to Apple Mail.

1) QUESTION #1: I am synchronizing my Gmail to Apple Mail. Do I need to stay logged into Apple Mail for this process to take place or will it work in the "background" when I am not logged in?

2) QUESTION #2: Is the WEBMAIL version of Apple Mail any good? I had a problem viewing it (the frames seem messed up) on my Dell computer at work.

Thanks

Reaction score
You will need the Mail application to be open and connected, but you can just press Command-H and hide the app away to work in the background.

Also, closing the mail windows doesn't close the app, so you can close that (by pressing the red x).

Reaction score
2) QUESTION #2: Is the WEBMAIL version of Apple Mail any good? I had a problem viewing it (the frames seem messed up) on my Dell computer at work.

Thanks

I have no problem with my .mac account online. It looks and acts just like Mail on my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.