Puzzling Airport Extreme/internet Access Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Mac Mini
Hello,
I have a really strange problem. I have a Mac Mini (no Airport Card), a MacBook and an Airport Extreme. The Airport Extreme and MacBook are less than 2 months old. I had everything networked for internet access via cable modem, when I woke up one day to no internet access. I thought it was the cable modem - no receive, send or PC activity lights. I replaced the modem, and trouble-shot with the Cable company for hours. The only way I can get web access is to go straight to the MacBook with ethernet (kind of defeats the purpose of a notebook). If I go through the Airport extreme, I can 'see' the router, but it says that there is no internet access (ethernet disconnected). My Mac Mini gets nothing, even if connected directly to the modem via ethernet. Everything is set to pick up automatically. I have a hard time believing that both the Mac Mini and the Airport Extreme have bitten the dust:( . Any ideas gurus?

OP
jimnation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Mac Mini
Oh well, I guess it's off to the "Genius" bar for me...

OP
jimnation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Mac Mini
Thanks for the non-help...the Airport was bad -exchanged by a genius. And my Mac Mini has a bad ethernet port. Guess I'll offer money next time and maybe I'll get a response or two...:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
I'm sorry no one was able to help you with your problem here on the forums. Don't give up on us though. Plenty of problems have been solved through this forum but we don't always have the answers. I guess thats why Genius Bars were invented. Anyways, I hope you stick to these forums. It really is a great community.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sometimes descriptions of a problem ring bells, sometimes they don't. Your description started sounding like an Airport Express issue until you mentioned the Mac Mini not working with a wired connection. As it turned out, you had two separate and distinct problems that happened to occur simultaneously. That certainly wouldn't have been my guess. Please don't assume that folks are intentionally ignoring you. Sometimes if I don't feel I have anything productive to offer, I just don't respond - and that was the case here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.