how will new Adobe programs run on my computer?

Reaction score
i am a semi-pro photographer and i would like to use Adobe CS3 and Lightroom 1.1.

i have a 15" Powerbook 1.67 Ghz and 2gb RAM. some people tell me these new programs will run bogged down on my computer. i noticed that my Lightroom does run slow. so my question is, is pointless to upgrade to these software programs and will it run a lot slower?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz iMAC w/ 4GB Ram - 17" 1.67ghz PBook G4 w/ 2GB Ram
I have the CS3 design suite, and on my PBook it seems to runs alot faster than CS2. I especially notice the difference when I need to start the CS3 programs.

I do not have Lightroom but am running Aperture and I can tell you that Aperture does run fairly slow for my liking. And for that reason, I tend not to use it.

you can run the trial version and see for yourself before making the decision to purchase.

OP
F
Reaction score
thank you for the reply. i will probably go ahead and purchase CS3 because here at school, they give us greatly discounted prices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are you using Lightroom currently, and you are thinking of upgrading to Lightroom 1.1? I heard that 1.1 is faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
I do freelance photography and I use Adobe CS3 and lightroom 1.1 on my macbook. I have a core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz with 1.5 Gig of Ram and I have no issues or major lag with using the programs.
From my research of Adobe Lightroom versus Apple Aperture program, lightroom was faster. The magazine Macworld did an article about it came to the same conclusion.

OP
F
Reaction score
Are you using Lightroom currently, and you are thinking of upgrading to Lightroom 1.1? I heard that 1.1 is faster.

i am currently using 1.1 and i was just wondering if it runs a little slow due to it being an older processor compared to the Intel ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.