Invisible shield Vs. Marware Protection pack.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just recently purchased a MB 2.00 White. Looking at protection options. I am having a huge problem deciding which option to go.

My first option is the Invisible shield.
http://www.shieldzone.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=APPMCBF

My second option is the Marware Protection Pack Plus.
http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Apple-Laptop-Products/Protection-Pack-for-PowerBook

I also want to get a bag – Looking at a Brenthaven Edge 1.
http://www.brenthaven.com/catalog-edge-i-black.html

Does anyone have any experience with any of these products?
Does anyone know if the Invisible shield will allow the MB to fit in the Brenthaven bag? I know the bag is a pretty tight fit for the MB.

Thanks,

Lewis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I would recommend doing a search. This topic has been discussed to death.

OP
L
Reaction score
I did a search already. There is nothing comparing the two side by side. And there is no discussion of using the Invisible Shield with a Brenthaven bag.

Lewis

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
JMO, but $50(US) is a lot to spend on stickers. Granted, I have a MacBook Pro, which might hold up a little better than a standard MacBook, but I haven't had any issues with wear in 6 months of constant usage and traveling.

As far as the bag goes, I would strongly recommend you take a look at a top-loading bag. The clamshell style, where you have to lay the bag down and unzip it on three sides before you can remove the machine are just a giant pain, IMO. I much prefer the style where you just unzip the top and slide the notebook in. Granted, it might be harder to find one that fits a 13.3" notebook snugly, but I would recommend you take your laptop into a store that sells bags and test fit it until you find one that you like. If you travel with your machine as often as I do, a convenient, rugged and flexible case is an absolute must.

FWIW, this is the bag that I use and I absolutely love it. Still looks like new after 6 months of abuse.

OP
L
Reaction score
I believe the materials used in a MB to MBP are completely different. I have a feeling as soon as I take my MB out of the box its going to somehow get scratched or something. I am still looking at all options. The stickers are getting really good reviews on the forum although it is just some sticky plastic wrap.

Lewis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.