Trackpad click button problem

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a problem with my trackpad click button.
for some reason lately it's because over sensitive, and it's like I'm double clicking all the time.

For example if I'm clicking on photos online and am clicking next once it jumps forward a few pics, and if I'm selecting messages in my mail inbox and hit delete it then deletes a few after too! It's so frustrating that I'm using the pad to click and double click at the moment and I hate it.

does that make sense?

Any ideas what I can do to solve this? any thoughts all?
It's really annoying!

thanks everyone.
Gx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Have you checked the "double-click speed" in System Preferences - Keyboard and Mouse?

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Flilow,
yes I have, should it be more towards slow or fast? I know that sounds like a dumb question.
but if like one click is a double click i should slow it down?

thanks

Have you checked the "double-click speed" in System Preferences - Keyboard and Mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Here is the way I have mine set-up... lol, I really just wanted a reason to use skitch. :D

964163387_8d1434c95f.jpg

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi, yep all my settings pretty much match yours.

:Grimmace: :Grimmace: :Grimmace: :Grimmace:

like ya skitch though.. can I get that??

Gx

Reaction score
Also having problems

Did you sort this out in the end because mine is doing exactly the same thing and I'm at a bit of a loss...

It's driving me up the wall

x

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi,
I did, but only because I went to the apple store about the discoloration of the surface and they fixed it and while they did that they fixed the trackpad too, well gave me a new one. all for free which was great.
think your only hope is to take it in im afraid

xGem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yes, it sounds like if you have an "Over/underscrolling" problem with your trackpad, it is more than likely time to get a new one. To test this, plug in an external mouse to your laptop and see if it still acts the same way as when you try to scroll and click on something with your trackpad.

Reaction score
press the centre firmly

my 5 year old macbook just started doing the same thing, and this after i had replaced the top keyboard/trackpad less than a year ago. i mucked around for a while, then discovered that if i pressed firmly and quite hard on the centre of the clickable portion of the trackpad using my thumb(very bottom and separate element on this model), then the problem seems to go away. not making any promises and i would NOT recommend it if your battery is out (as the trackpad will have no support), but it worked for me! i will update if anything changes.

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. Firmly pressing the center of the trackpad button was the solution.

Thank you almack.

Reaction score
Thanks To Almack

Signed up just to say thanks to Almack. The problem was driving me nuts, the thumb press fixed it. Thank you so much. :) :) :)

(For anyone else with this problem, I didn't press until I heard a click [thought I would], just pressed firmly for a while.)

Reaction score
Thanks Almack

Also just made an account to thank Almack.
I've been having this problem for a while and who knew it was such an easy fix!
Anyways thanks a lot Almack, this worked perfect for me.

Reaction score
Thank you Almack.

my 5 year old macbook just started doing the same thing, and this after i had replaced the top keyboard/trackpad less than a year ago. i mucked around for a while, then discovered that if i pressed firmly and quite hard on the centre of the clickable portion of the trackpad using my thumb(very bottom and separate element on this model), then the problem seems to go away. not making any promises and i would NOT recommend it if your battery is out (as the trackpad will have no support), but it worked for me! i will update if anything changes.
I was pushing before on the right but never got a positive reaction.
I did not here any click as some did.
Now my trackpad seems to be working. I hope for a long time.
Thank you.
Jean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.