Problem in "Power Options"

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MacBook with XP SP2 installed on the windows partition. Ever since I got it 3-4 months back, the "Power Options" in the control panel don't really seem to work the way it should. For example: If I've selected "turn off monitor" after 1 min (when plugged in or otherwise), the monitor DOES NOT turn off (changing 1 min to any X mins does not work either) :Grimmace:

Is this a known bug?!

Thanks in advance,
G

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this in XP or OSX?

OP
G
Reaction score
Can anyone with a MacBook validate if this happens with them too??

[Control Panel > Power Options > Power Scheme tab > Turn off monitor]

Thanks
G

OP
G
Reaction score
I would really appreciate if anyone could test this on their MacBook, Windows XP OS...

Reaction score
Same here on a 24" imac (aluminium) with Bootcamp Beta 1.4. My guess is that power management modes from Vista are not supported but to clarify I've sent an email to apple.

Keep you posted...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
same with me running xp sp2 on my macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
|MBP17''|hi-res|
same with me on xp sp2 option to switch to standby mode works but turning off monitor does not...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.