• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Joining two .mp4 movies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I need to join two .mp4 movies as it's one project split into two halves, I just need them to be one file that just transitions seamlessly. Does anyone know any freeware that does this? I tried doing it in imovie but it proved very difficult and the aspect ratio got all screwy...I just want to stick em together...thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I need to join two .mp4 movies as it's one project split into two halves, I just need them to be one file that just transitions seamlessly. Does anyone know any freeware that does this? I tried doing it in imovie but it proved very difficult and the aspect ratio got all screwy...I just want to stick em together...thanks.

visualhub will allow you to join two files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
If you have Quicktime Pro, open the first part of the movie, and set the marker to the end, then open the second part in a different window. With the second part active, do apple+a (or Edit>>Select All), then apple+c (or Edit>>Copy), then make the first part active again, and do apple+v (or Edit>>Paste), now save the whole thing as one file.

Sorry, I know quicktime pro and visualhub are both pay, but both cheap.
Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.