Adivce....

X

XmacgeniusX

I was thinking about getting an eMac to replace my current slot loading iMac. For any1 that currently owns one(emac), how are they? Would you recomend one for a guy who is in need for a faster mac for things like movie editing and games, but at the same time, still be cheap/afforable. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
XmacgeniusX said:
I was thinking about getting an eMac to replace my current slot loading iMac. For any1 that currently owns one(emac), how are they? Would you recomend one for a guy who is in need for a faster mac for things like movie editing and games, but at the same time, still be cheap/afforable. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

I used to have an iMac DV SE 400 before I got my eMac. I absolutely love the eMac. Specs wise, there is very little difference between the new iMacs and eMacs (except the $500 price difference ;) ) making the eMac the better option as far as I can see.
You may want to consider the RedTag section of the Apple Store and get a refurbed one to save even more cash. That is where I got mine.
I got a 1Ghz G4, 60G HD, 256 MB RAM, Combo-drive and Airport Extreme card installed for $700. Not a bad deal in my book.
You many also want to try Secondhand Mac. Whatever you do, DON'T do eBay. The eBayers selling eMacs must be on crack or something, cus they are still asking upwards of $800-$900 for original 700Mhz eMacs.
:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
I bought an eMac about 3 weeks ago (up from a Beige G3). The eMac is great, and well worth the money - an inexpensive top notch product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.