leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
is it really going to be that much better

depends on whether or not you'll use the features like time machine, spaces, new finder and desktop, etc.

Personally I probably would not use all the features, but I'm still going to buy it, because it's pretty cheap.

is it worth waiting to buy a computer

If you need a comptuer straight away then just buy it, you could always upgrade later on and its pretty cheap newyz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
is it really going to be that much better
is it worth waiting to buy a computer

Use the search button at the top of the forum. All your questions will be answered.

OP
Macswitching101
Reaction score
leopard...and which book to get

is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER:Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
is it worth the wait???? for leopard i mean it might be glitchy and all that jazz with the first release
and also...my dad wants me to get the macbook pro but i want the black macbook cause it looks nicer...which one should u get
mind u screen size isn't the problem here i am using it for mainly school purposes
and this is my first mac EVER:Sleeping:

Please use the search feature this forum provides. The questions you are asking have already been answered numerous times.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53998&highlight=wait+leopard
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71035&highlight=macbook+pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
I think the topic of "Should I wait for Leopard" be a sticky thread.

Everyone seems to ask that question.

Maybe start a sticky thread with pro's/con's and personal experiences with the MacBook Pro because that seems pretty popular too. Helps people with purchasing decisions.

Just an idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Personal choice. My advice is to do a side-by-side comparison. I did and chose the black MB. Soon after I got it, the LED MBP came out. Now I tell people if they are going to wait for Leopard—get the low-end MBP. Best machine for the money, running the newest OS. Nothing like it out there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard
if your parrents are paying for it...
and your dad wants you to get a pro
GET A PRO
i have the black macbook. and i would kill for a MBP.
if you get the macbook pro and still want the black book id gladly trade lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
well i have a mb c2d and love it my macbook was an upgrade from a ibook g4 (was my first mac since my dad got a mac2 from work when i was 8) and i would like a pro for more power as i work with a lot of film 3d graphics and hi-rez photography this kills anything no matter how much power it has now my macbook has been doing the job grate for just over 6months now.

i am planning an upgrade to a pro soon but am waiting for leopard as i think there will be an upgrade of the macbook pros around that time and also means i dont have 2 splash out on a copy of leopard

i just hope the upgrade is to the 4 core cpu's :D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
personally i'm waiting till leopard...
If you watch the WWDC7 vid it shows you wot ur waiting for....
Nothing HUGE.. but i'm waiting on the fact that with a new OS maybe they'll bring out a new range G6???
Who no's but I don't wanna buy a macbook now and kick myself when a new model that at standard is twice the speed and twice as light in 3months...
(this is an exaduration but u get my point)

If you can just hold out... Oct ain't that far away and my guess is that leopard will take 512Mb min to run (Vista takes 1Gb!!!! so poss leopard will go even that high!!!)... so very poss an upgrade on standard comps RAM when Leopard is released?????

I've spoke to a few people and they all think the same..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.