Hard Disk Problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
Well since I'm sure many of you, or at least a handful of people have been super windows users before switching to mac, i'd like for some help. I have not yet gotten my mac yet but I think my Windows machine has been angry at me so it booted up wierd. Anyways I have two hard disks in my computer, one being my main C and the other being my backup, D:. However, yesterday it booted up fine into C but then my computer suddenly restarted out of nowhere, and instead of usually booting up the C drive, it booted up the D instead. Now, I don't think it's a virus because I scanned my computer for viruses and nothing seemed to appear. I tried doing something with the BIO's but it still booted into the D. So if anyone could help me out , that'd be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
You need to get into the BIOS, and reset the C:\ to boot first. There should be an option called something along the lines of Boot Order, or Boot Sequence, etc. The drive that you want to boot from needs to be set to 1st, and remember to save all changes that you make before exiting the BIOS setup.

If this fails, you may want to try disconnecting the Backup Drive temporarily until you get the primary drive up and working again.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
ah... thank you.
But theres one option in the CMOS(i believe) that has my D drive set to the Master Hard Disk, while my C is currently the Slave Hard Disk. That's even after I went into the BIO and set C as the 1st priority. There seems no way to change it through the CMOS either which is weird. but thanks for your help I'll try it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
If you continue to have problems, come on over to Windows Edge and we will help you get this problem sorted out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.