Help cant find a document

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac 2.66 1T 8GB
Trying to remove a downloaded program, I go to my spotlight, type in the name. It finds it in the document area but when I go there I can't find it. I would like to remove this installer package. How can I do that?

Jon

Also how do you "properly" uninstall on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
All you need to do is drag it to the trash for 99% of programs. Using the search at the top of the forum will yield a wealth of information on the topic and is always the best place to start.

M

MacHeadCase

Are you talking about MacScan from the other thread? Does it have its own uninstaller? I never used it so don't know off the bat...

OP
Suzie68
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac 2.66 1T 8GB
Yes same program, Can't find where it's located, but I thought I would remove it (it was a demo only) to see if it is blocking my logins

Jon

M

MacHeadCase

In the Spotlight window, you can usually right-click on the item found and choose Send to trash. See the attached screengrab below...

spotlight.jpg

OP
Suzie68
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" imac 2.66 1T 8GB
Thank you for the help, I got rid of Macscan right before your last post. Maybe it will let me remember logins now.

Nope I just tried it and it doesn't work.

Also if I don't use any bluetooth devices is it safe to turn it off on the manager, or do I use it forsomething else?

Jon

M

MacHeadCase

If you have the wireless Mighty Mouse, you need it enabled. If not, I guess you can disable it unless you sync info from a Bluetooth cell phone or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.