Parallels on MB 2.00?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Someone told me that if I were to install Parallels on a Mac book 2.00 (80GB HD, 1 GB Ram) It may take up to 20 - 40 GB of free hard drive space. Is this true? Can anyone say how much resources Parallels uses when its running or when its dormant?

Thanks,

Lewis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
1st... No... NOT true... lol, not even close. Parallels needs only 70 MB of space (for just parallels alone) that's about 7% of ONE GB. YOU decide how much space you want to allocate to parallels (depends on what you want to install on it). I chose to use 10 GB, to install XP, and other MS applications.

2nd... a computers Processor, HD space, and RAM, has NOTHING to do with how much space a program will need. A program needs the same space on every computer, no matter it's specs.

OP
L
Reaction score
I mean right now I only really want to use Parallels for Internet Explorer. So how much space would you recommend allocating to Parallels if I only have an 80GB HD?

Thanks,

Lewis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.