Where's the power button on the new keyboard?

M

MoltenLava

I can't find the power button on the new Pro keyboard. What's the deal, are we supposed to bend down to the computer in order to turn it on? Or is there a hidden button that I haven't found??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Did you just come out of hiding under a rock for a few years?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
i think that means "yeah, bend over sucka"

OP
A

Admiral Spock

MoltenLava said:
I can't find the power button on the new Pro keyboard. What's the deal, are we supposed to bend down to the computer in order to turn it on? Or is there a hidden button that I haven't found??
Yes, with the new keyboard there is no power button, so you'll have to reach to your computer and turn it on. If you don't like doing that, use your old keyboard. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Sheesh that bites.. I didn't know that, since I use a PB :( I think they should throw that button back on the keyboard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
erm... why the feck would a poweruser want a powerbutton. most powerusers would leave their mac's on 24/7. don't you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope I sure don't. I find my powerbook begins to run slow when I leave it on, so I turn it off at night and then reboot it in the morning.. Actually I have it automatically turn on in the morning. Rebooting is fast and it's definitely worth the speed increase that I get from it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
maybe you need a heatsink.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a powerbook.. what would a heatsink do for me that shutting down at night doesnt do for me? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Help disburse heat better, keeping it cooler during use. I'm in Hong kong & China, the average temp here during the summer months is 30-40°C and my PB can be too hot to touch, even after 2 hours of use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I have over a weeks uptime on my iBook and its still flying fast :) even on reduced mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try the oven.... hehe

Graeme43 said:
I have over a weeks uptime on my iBook and its still flying fast :) even on reduced mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heat is a small problem, but that's not the reason why I power down my computer :)

I guess it could be because mine is half the speed of yours Graeme :) You have a 1.2 and I have a 667.

When I have Entourage, Mozilla, iTunes, DragThing, Safe Place, MacReporter, BBEdit, Spamfire, Photoshop all open, plus I have my webserver going, oh Konfabulator, things begin to go slow even when i quit everything.. something has a memory leak I think. Rebooting takes care of all that, frees everything up and I fly fast once again. Eventually I would like to get a new Powerbook, but I need to wait until wedding/honeymoon expenses, etc etc are all paid off :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*buys lottery ticket*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Murlyn said:
Actually I have it automatically turn on in the morning. Rebooting is fast and it's definitely worth the speed increase that I get from it.

New to the Mac world... How would I do that on a G5?

BTW: I'm not actually saying that I would do that, I just want it for future reference. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Under energy saver theres a time to set that can shutdown and boot your mac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple menu, System Preferences, Energy Saver, Schedule.

There you go! :)

OP
P

pcjabber

On most PC keyboards, Scroll Lock is the power button -- i.e. On the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX, the power key is the scroll lock button.

PCjabber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
System Preference > Energy Saver > Schedule

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.