Powerbook randomly falls asleep? HELP!

Reaction score
My powerbook usually works fine but recently every few minutes or so it just falls asleep! I don't do anything to prompt it, I might not be using an app or anything. It's so hard to do anything with it constantly falling asleep, and then after it takes me around a minute to get back on and the screen sometimes blinks on and then turns off again.. I think that it's triggered by motion because when I move it, even a little, it falls asleep. But even on a sturdy table with just me typing, it still does it! :Shouting: I checked my batter settings and every think is okie dokie there too..

Please help help me because this is so annoying! It went to sleep 4 times just while typing this..! :Grimmace: Thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac forums, studdevil.

Quite frankly, you didn't leave enough info for us to help. We have no clue which PowerBook model you have or its specs, which OS version you are using, when the PowerBook started acting this way (after an OS update? after a software install? new RAM?) which troubleshooting procedures you have tried on your own so far, etc.

The only thing I can recommend is that you go to Apple's Support and look at the PowerBook G4 section to determine what could be the cause of this behaviour.

At first glance, I would bet on a hardware issue but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Just to be sure: Have you clicked on your blue apple and gone down to system preferences and then to Energy Saver and updated your settings there?

If that is not the problem then you might list which operating system version and if it is as shipped or what upgrades you have completed. There has been at least one upgrade in the current version that was to fix a sleep mode problem. Also external devices seem to have an effect as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.