Should I have waited?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Just purchased a Mac Book 2.00 w/ Educational DSC for 1149 CDN + tax. I know that the 2.00 will probably be discontinued when the new version comes out and will not be discounted any further. I also know Leopard is set to be released in the fall. I am having second doubts right now. Do you think I should return it and wait. I really only need the computer for school (internet, work processing, email, I tunes, maybe some movies here and there).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lewis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have the same Macbook. It's awesome! You are going to love it... you would nver even notice the difference between 2.0 and 2.16... in fact, you'll probably never reach the limits of the 2.0 Core2Duo.

Great pick!

Congrats to you, and welcome to the forums!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if it is the macbook you want then keep it. who cares if they have a new release and your processor is now .28ghz slower than the new model.

also a lot of rumors are stating that there is going to be a big change in their linup at end of the quarter, which is late september, way too late to be purchasing a new computer for school.

there are rumors of an aug. 7 release of some new stuff but that is rumors of new imacs

long story short, you shouldnt need to wait, you own a great product...also once the new os comes out it will only be like 80 bucks or less with a student discount
-chris

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the relief. I gues your right - I got a new MB for a good deal.

Thanks Again

Lewis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.