No wireless reception, cant join a network.

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4 (AL) 1.25 and the airport reception seems to absolutely not work anymore :(

I had this working perfectly for about a year then it stopped working. It doesnt seem to have any reception at all from the 10 or so nearby wireless networks. I moved my router closer to my laptop (2 ft. away) ... still nothing. When I click on the signal icon up at the top of the menu bar it lists my connection and maybe one more, then when I try to join the network it says "error, cannot join network".

After I click on the signal icon again to bring the drop down menu again it doesnt show any networks.

I cant figure this out. I've tried everything. Reboot, reset nvram, boot other backups I had of the computer from weeks ago, bought a new airport card, booted a fresh install of 10.4...all didnt work. I still get the same result; wireless icon that shows no signal and I cant connect to any networks.

Also the system profiler shows the airport card working fine.

Any ideas would be great. I can ususally fix my computer problems but this one has me stummped.

Please help.O:)

thanks,

Jason

Reaction score
10.4.10 is known to cause airport connection issues. But not to the extent you are describing.

Did you look at the error log? (About this Mac, more info, logs)

Sorry, I can't be of any more help.

OP
J
Reaction score
The error logs don't say anything about the airport.

I downloaded 10.4.9 update and will try to revert to that...hopefully that will maybe do something. ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.