quicktime 7.2 problems

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently updated from quicktime 7.1.6 to 7.2, and have been reading there have been problems with 7.2 and intel machines. I am web designing and need my quicktime to work properly. I need to reinstall 7.1.6, but my mac won't let me whilst it detects the newer 7.2. Does anyone know how i can clear 7.2 to re-install 7.1.6?

Many Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
What exactly have you heard/read about problems with 7.2? I have had no problems with it at all on any of my Macs (all 3 intel machines). To answer your question, you would need to first have a 7.1.6 install file, then after uninstalling 7.2, install the 7.16. Also remember that Quicktime works together with iTunes, so be careful. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for that. The problem i've been having is loss of visuals on firefox and netscape browsers. I can here sound, but no pictures. I have another macbook, exact same spec but with 7.1.6 and the files play fine. I have a 7.1.6 install, but How do i uninstall 7.2. the quicktime720.pkg i have doesn't have an uninstall option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
thanks for that. The problem i've been having is loss of visuals on firefox and netscape browsers. I can here sound, but no pictures. I have another macbook, exact same spec but with 7.1.6 and the files play fine. I have a 7.1.6 install, but How do i uninstall 7.2. the quicktime720.pkg i have doesn't have an uninstall option

Typically to uninstall a program in OS X you simply drag it to the trash. In this case, go to your applications folder and look for the quicktime icon and go from there. I have not tried this with quicktime however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, 2GB RAM
But you must also trash some plist files and other preferences I think...not sure which ones though.

OP
A
Reaction score
hi,

yes trashed the application, but it won't let me install 7.1.6, cos it can still detect 7.2. i then tried appdelete to get rid of all relative files, but still won't let me install 7.1.6.......

OP
A
Reaction score
i've just reinstalled 7.2 cos 7.1.6 wouldn't, and now all the quicktime problems have dissappered. maybe it was just dodgy preferences. **** i hate computers! :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to completely clear Quicktime?

Reinstalling 7.2 hasn't solve my issues and I want 7.1.6 back.

This is really giving me the irates!!

I thought I left these kinds of issues back with Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.