• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I truly and deeply sympathize with you:

Thank you! :) I'll just look at your peaceful photos and hope that the pain will vanish away!

P.S. My mouth is practically drooling with saliva+blood mix :Oops: , arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

M

MacHeadCase

When that horrible novocaine wears off, you think you're drooling all the time so you wipe your lower lip but nothing's coming out! And it's like your face is melting away. Yuck!

Did your dentist give you a prescription to fight off the pain?

Thanks about the kind words, btw. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
did they give you that big syringe with the burved applicator to rinse out your mouth with? ugh, i hated that thing. but it was necessary. got to keep the sockets clean. i had some teeth shards left after surgery that worked out later, and that was interesting.

hopefully you will recover soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Wish they could "pull" them... it's more like they dig 'em out! Aaayieee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Oo, im having them pulled out next year :( Im hoping that maybe something happens and i wont need to anymore :( I hate going to the dentist just to get the teeth cleaned as it is :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I recommend taking Kava (natural herb relaxer) before cleanings or having teeth filled/capped. Its helps a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16Ghz, White
Out of curiosity, why would people need their wisdom teeth removed? I have my top 2 and I'd rather they stay in. I don't like extractions at all, and digging em out sounds REALLY icky.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why would people need their wisdom teeth removed?
Well, in my case there just wasn't enough room in my mouth for all of my teeth. To prep me for braces, I had 8 teeth removed (4 wisdom teeth + 4 others at the same time).

I have my top 2 and I'd rather they stay in. I don't like extractions at all, and digging em out sounds REALLY icky.
The thing I remember about having my wisdom teeth pulled (and I was completely knocked-out) was that it felt like the dentist had one foot on my shoulder and the other on my forehead and pulling as hard as he could. All of mine were impacted and had to be "chipped" out. I ended-up with dry-socket on all four wisdom tooth extraction sites -- it was at least as painful as having ingrown toenails removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16Ghz, White
Yikes! I know what ingrown toenails are like.

I recently had braces (well, a year ago) and they removed one tooth. So hopefully, excluding a dental catastophe, I should keep 'em?

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did your dentist give you a prescription to fight off the pain?
:)

I've got Vicodin, it's doing its job (with some side effect). I'm feelin a lil better now. COuldn't eat anything yet tho (chewing hurts:Sleeping: ).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm in the process of having some dental work done. Dentist recommended around 8 visits to fix everything, including a molar extraction (the process seemed exactly how bubba described it ;P). I haven't gotten my fake tooth put in yet, but my last appointment was really cool. He used this electro-something to cut away excess gum in the empty socket. It was pretty amazing how it just cut through the gums and cauterized it on the spot. When I exhaled, vaporized gum came out in the form of smoke. People who say burning flesh smells bad are right....

Sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth. I'm sure I'll be back in the dentist's seat soon enough to get those removed too. I'm looking forward to the great pain meds :D I know what you mean about not being able to eat anything. I had to stick with soup and mashed potatoes (only things I could find in the house) for two or three days :(

OP
Skyrider007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm in the process of having some dental work done. Dentist recommended around 8 visits to fix everything, including a molar extraction (the process seemed exactly how bubba described it ;P). I haven't gotten my fake tooth put in yet, but my last appointment was really cool. He used this electro-something to cut away excess gum in the empty socket. It was pretty amazing how it just cut through the gums and cauterized it on the spot. When I exhaled, vaporized gum came out in the form of smoke. People who say burning flesh smells bad are right....

Sorry to hear about your wisdom teeth. I'm sure I'll be back in the dentist's seat soon enough to get those removed too. I'm looking forward to the great pain meds :D I know what you mean about not being able to eat anything. I had to stick with soup and mashed potatoes (only things I could find in the house) for two or three days :(

Sounds like lots of work and pain to be expected there! I'd die if I have to visit the dentist 8 times consecutively in a short period of time. Hope yours go well! And yes, you'll need lots of pain meds dosages. The Vicodin makes me a bit high but feeling down rather than happy...... I dunno, maybe it's just me!

Good luck with your surgeries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
My wisdom teeth extraction was a bit more painful than the average extraction. This is because I had two extra teeth on top, so the dentist had to extract six teeth instead of four. It was not fun at all. The only food I could eat without screaming in pain was mashed potatoes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.