WiFi issues anyone else????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - Mac pro Intell - iPhone 8g
ok guys i have a small issue when i try to connect through my home network VIA WiFi my iPhone will connect to the network but i won't get a signal strong enough to view anything on the internet so i'm always useing the edge network at the house when i don't want to anyone else have this problem or know of a solution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I don't have a problem with it at home. We have a townhouse. The router is on the 3rd floor, and I can access wifi throughout the house. We have a D-Link DI-624.

Work is a different issue. We have a semi-open wifi at work. My ability to connect is a function of where I am in the building. I cannot connect in my office, but I can connect sometimes in the conference rooms on the other side of the building.

You might want to see if you're running on a channel by yourself or if other neighbors are using the same one. If they are, you might swich your router's channel to reduce the potential for interference.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Check the Wireless Networking FAQ (link in my signature). It should help you with your range/interference issues.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just a little background on me and my network i have an assoitates degree in network engineering so i know what i''m doing hehe my iBook connects just fine as does my iPhone although my iPhone won't get a singal even though is says its connected to MY network i strongly feel this is an issue with the iPhone its self and not so much my router i can sit 2 feet from my router and not get one bar of a signal to my iPhone

Reaction score
Can you connect to any other WIFI networks? If not, then it's a problem with the phone.

Reaction score
I have no issues with mine. Works awesome via wifi @ home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I broadcast a wifi signal from my iMac's airport card and I don't have a problem connecting to it. I've connected to unsecure networks at my gf's place as well.
Bryan

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you connect to any other WIFI networks? If not, then it's a problem with the phone.

I just tried to connect to an unsecure network and the same thing happened my iPhone will have a full wifi signal once i connect but when i try to access a website about half way through the website load my iPhone will stay connected to the wifi network but will not have a signal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I don't have problems connecting to my home network, but it is pretty dang slow even on 802.11g...

Reaction score
I've also got a weird problem, I have wifi all throughout the house. MacBook gets it anywhere. iPhome gets it upstairs but I get no service up their, and I can't access the internet without edge access. Vice-versa downstairs.

***?:Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.