HELP! Firewire accidentally unplugged during ProTools Session

Reaction score
:(
Hello,
I was recording vocals using ProTools on my G4 Powerbook laptop, recording to the Lacie firewire drive and some how i think my foot loosened the AC power supply from my LaCie Firewire and now my curser is just spinning, spinning, spinning.. A message "device removed" appeared and i hit okay and now another message: DAE can't get audio from the drive fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to exrtra firewire bandwidth or CPU load (-9073).
I plugged it back in, the drive is on, but ProTools is frozen. Sadly i have a deadline to finish this recording, and I don't remember when I saved the session last - Is there anyway to restore the session, have the firewire be recognized again, without forcing quit??? I don't want to lose anything, worse yet if my firewire is damaged! Say it isn't so!
Thank you!
Pamela

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Everything in my experience tells me you're out of luck, I'm afraid. The firewire drive may be corrupt and need repairing, but you won't be able to plug it back in and continue where you left off. Sorry! :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.