Experiences with Refurbished Macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook 2.0 GHz 1 GB Ram 120 GB HD
I'm pretty new to the Mac world and was curious to see people's opinions on buying refurbished Macs from Apple's website. I'm interested in picking up a Macbook and wanted to hear people's experiences with it. I'm on a semi-tight budget so saving a couple of hundred bucks would be great, but I've been debating on buying a refurb or buying new because I'm worried about having problems with a refurb. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
They're fine, and come with the same warrantee as the new. I don't have experience with refurbed Macs, but my experience with refurbed iPods has been great! Got three of them and they all are like new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I purchased an ipod mini refurb like 2 years ago and it never had a problem. Ive purchased a macbook and imac with the last 6 months both refurbed and havent had an ounce of trouble.
Its the way to go. Id never pay full price again.
bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I think is silly to buy a brand new apple computer. Only buy refurb. Same exact product (except the box it comes in!), a lot less money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
This question has been asked several times. Generally people have good luck.

Reaction score
when thet say refurbished, do they come like kind of scarthed and stuff.? whay im traying to say is, is there any obvious signs that the computer has been used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The first refurb I had was in perfect condition. The MBP had a few little dings when inspected closely. It wasn't a big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine came in perfect condition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I have also purchased many refurb Mac over the years and have not one complaint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I don't know why, but usually, even though I have a low budget, I will pay the extra money to get something brand new. It's just that great feeling of opening the box and knowing your item is brand new.

Reaction score
i think the same way, but when you look at it saving 200 0r 300 dollars on a item identical to the new you cant go wrong.....unless its all scratched and stuff then to ME it wouldnt be worth it...

is there a way to know or see pictures of the refurbished items you are about to buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think the same way, but when you look at it saving 200 0r 300 dollars on a item identical to the new you cant go wrong.....unless its all scratched and stuff then to ME it wouldnt be worth it...

is there a way to know or see pictures of the refurbished items you are about to buy

No but remember that you have 14 days to return it if you dont like it. But I am telling that the likelihood of it coming scratched and scuffed is slim to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
No but remember that you have 14 days to return it if you dont like it. But I am telling that the likelihood of it coming scratched and scuffed is slim to none.

Exactly. Apple doesn't play like that, their customers would crucify them and they know it.

Picky users. Looks count to us, even the recent switchers like me. I used to not care what my computer looked like, with this thing, I do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.