Airport Extreme and Hard Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I have just bought and set up an Airport Extreme base station and connected a USB hub with a printer and a Seagate Hard Drive.

Printing works fine, but I can not understand how I am supposed to connect to the Hard Drive. It shows up in Airport Utility so it seems to be connected ok. Is it supposed to show up on the desktop on any computer connected to the network or do I need to do anything else to connect to it? I just do not get it......

OP
rogerinlondon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Thanks a lot. Had not noticed the additional Airport Disk Utility..... There should have been a manual in the box!!

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem, I have hooked up my USB HD and it has worked fine for about 1 week. I turned the computer off the other day and now that it is back on, the Icon for the USB Disk is not on my desktop, and I don't know how to find it. I've tried to open finder and it doesn't "see" it. Can anyone help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.