I just flipped the switch!!!!

G

GuasaGuasa

Finally!
I just got off the phone with the Apple Store and placed my order for a 12" iBook: Bluetooth, Airport Extreme, 40GB HD, 256 Ram (will buy 512 from crucial, about 50% cheaper).

I know it will feel good to be back on a Mac after all these years!!! My first computer was a Mac, I don't remember the model but I remember it had OS 7 and it didn't have a CD Rom Drive. I gave that computer up at about the same time the first iMacs came out. I wanted one but my dad refused to buy one for me. Now that I can afford my own computer, I ordered myself a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
GuasaGuasa said:
Finally!
I just got off the phone with the Apple Store and placed my order for a 12" iBook: Bluetooth, Airport Extreme, 40GB HD, 256 Ram (will buy 512 from crucial, about 50% cheaper).

I know it will feel good to be back on a Mac after all these years!!! My first computer was a Mac, I don't remember the model but I remember it had OS 7 and it didn't have a CD Rom Drive. I gave that computer up at about the same time the first iMacs came out. I wanted one but my dad refused to buy one for me. Now that I can afford my own computer, I ordered myself a Mac.

Congratulations. You're going to love it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
nothin' like spendin' other ppl's money.... [/evil grin]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
12" iBooks are lovely

be sure to benchmark it with Xbench and see the difference of adding the extra ram :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I just ran XBench for the first time. I ran it first without rebooting, my machine had been up for probably a week. I got a score of 95.98. Then I rebooted, and ran it again. I got a score of 96.82. So, it's good to see that OS X isn't much affected by memory and resource leaks. I was really impressed.

What I'm not impressed with, however...is XBench. For some reason, directly after my reboot, my graphics wents nuts. There's little purple and pink fringing here and there, and all sorts of glitches in general. This is the first time my Powerbook has EVER done this, since I got it three months ago. I'm a bit concerned. Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about. :(

***.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz and welcome to Mac and the forum! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Osiris22x said:
I just ran XBench for the first time. <snip> Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about. :(
Did you repair permissions?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Permissions wouldn't have anything to do with it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Osiris22x said:
I just ran XBench for the first time. I ran it first without rebooting, my machine had been up for probably a week. I got a score of 95.98. Then I rebooted, and ran it again. I got a score of 96.82. So, it's good to see that OS X isn't much affected by memory and resource leaks. I was really impressed.

What I'm not impressed with, however...is XBench. For some reason, directly after my reboot, my graphics wents nuts. There's little purple and pink fringing here and there, and all sorts of glitches in general. This is the first time my Powerbook has EVER done this, since I got it three months ago. I'm a bit concerned. Here's a snapshot of what I'm talking about. :(

huhhh! :D i got 108.72 with my ibook :D :p with 10 days uptime.. haven't tried it after a reboot

OP
P

pedXing

I have a question...how does this apple stores work...
if i wanted a powerbook with certain configuration, do they build it at the store? or do they just go online and order it for you? and if they do build one at the store, how long does it take?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
pedXing said:
The main uses for operating systems:
Linux for development;
Mac for graphics;
Palm for mobility;
Windows for solitaire.

Actually...it's...
Macintosh for Productivity
Linux for Development
Palm for Mobility
windows for Solitare

I have the shirt :) www.macshirt.com :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pah :mad: IMO doz can't even do solitare correctly :D

OP
M

manhattanmonkey

ApplejustWorks said:
Actually...it's...
Macintosh for Productivity
Linux for Development
Palm for Mobility
windows for Solitare

I have the shirt :) www.macshirt.com :rolleyes:

lol about the shirt - but is there a download to get Solitare on Mac? Just curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.